To know what you want to do in life, you need to be extremely self-aware. Fact. You need to completely understand what you truly want, need and value in life. Can you confidently say that you are 100% clear about these three things? No? Then read on. We’ve pooled together 20 tough questions that will help you figure out your best next career move.
20 questions for figuring out your best next career move
- What does my ideal working day look like? Where am I? Who am I with and what am I doing?
- What do I need more of in my life right now? Why?
- If failure wasn’t an option, where would I love to be in 6 months?
- If failure wasn’t an option, where would I love to be in 3 years?
- If I won £100,000 what would I do with it?
- Who inspires me? Why?
- I want people to think of me as someone who….
- What advice would I give to my future self?
- What piece of advice do I need to hear today?
- What am I waiting for permission to do?
- Am I living or existing?
- What brings me the most joy in life?
- How can I make more space for the thing that brings me the most joy in life?
- What am I most afraid of right now? Why?
- What can I do to ease this fear?
- If I could wish for anything, what would I wish for?
- Do I believe that I create my own reality? Why/why not?
- What am I most grateful for in my life? Why?
- What do I love doing but don’t do much because I’m not good at it?
- What do I want to be remembered for doing when I’m no longer alive – what would be the top line on my Wikipedia page?
Trying to figure out your next career move?
Sign up for our weekly Get Unstuck emails. They will walk you through your stuck moment and give you the advice and tools you need to create the career you want… one week at a time.